Makana 360 is a consulting firm that specializes in building data-driven (digital) media and communication strategies, revealing new business and market trends, and understanding consumer behavior and competition benchmarks.
We help our clients link their business strategy with consumer needs, perceptions, and sentiments. In addition, we evaluate their brand image and reputation management. We unlock insights into cultural shifts and emerging trends to ensure your brand keeps up with change, avoids disruption, and achieves a positive ROI.
We work with top entities across a large number of verticals and sectors. Our teams are focused on pairing best-in-class technology with human intelligence to tell stories that drive action. They can be considered an extension of your business development, marketing, communication, and advertising teams.
As Data Analyst, you are a critical, independent contributor focusing on bringing data-rich insights to internal and external stakeholders and strategic projects. You will work across multiple project work streams, conducting analysis across a number of clients and verticals. You will establish trust-based relationships, serve senior executives with critical insights, and identify business development opportunities to expand Makana360 Products and services into clients’ strategic processes.
- Perform analyses using some of Makana360 tools, your knowledge and expertise, as well as researching available online resources
- Leverage Makan360 capabilities and methodologies (and test new ones) to add critical insights to senior client executives.
- Collaborate internally to test new approaches with unstructured data and leverage our advanced tools to transform these data into actionable insights
- Strategically identify potential service opportunities within our client base and beyond (find opportunities to expand and upsell projects)
- Monitor and analyze clients’ traditional and social media, their competitors, and related events using a variety of inputs and tools
- Compile daily media reports, analyse and summarise coverage and flag important articles and issues to client teams in real-time
- Ensure daily reports and ongoing monitoring is delivered on a timely basis.
- Provide best-in-class support and build and maintain a trusted relationship with our key clients
- Attend internal/External meetings to gain an understanding of the critical issues and seek feedback from account leaders regularly
- Preparing reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Conduct in-depth research on topics of importance to clients
- Create research briefings on specific topic areas and issues
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with Makana 360’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- 1-2 years of experience in market research, consumer insights, data analytics, strategic consulting or similarly analytical roles
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Data Analytics or a related field is required
- Successful team members show initiative, drive, passion for learning, and a curious mind
- Knowledge of NGOs and the Public sector is a plus
- Knowledge of Social listening tools, SQL, SPSS, and Tableau is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and willing to learn new tools quickly
- Proficiency in English and Arabic is a must.
- A basic understanding of social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- The ability to take the initiative, communicate across teams, and solve problems creatively.
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to express thinking coherently.
- Critical thinker who is eager to learn, detail-oriented and possesses strong research, writing and analytical skills
- An organized problem solver who can prioritise efficiently and is comfortable processing diverse and sometimes high amounts of tasks and data
- Team player with the ability to juggle multiple assignments and work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and interest in current local and international social, economic and political events
- Professional attitude and the ability to use their own initiative
Marketing & Advertising